Monday, September 17, 2007

Summer's A Wrap


So quickly do those long, hot days of summer turn into the cool short ones of fall! Especially in central Ohio. The sun's setting earlier, the air is getting crisper. The summer is a wrap ya'll. With the autumnal equinox approaching this Sunday, it is time for us all to unroll our jeans and close up our toes. I've already busted out my knee high boots for the fall season. Men will be growing out their tight fades and letting their napps show. Cozing up with a fella in a nice plush sweater is always a plus of the fall season.

There were no summer loves for me to extinguish this year. I am pretty proud of the way I handled men from June to September. I let a couple go. I put a couple on detox. I pretty much kept my composure all season.

The biggest change I've experience has been slight. Refining and composure. I've become more of a lady this summer. I've indulged in my own darkness. I've tamed all of those annoying and relentlessly bitchy things. I've become less of a whim and way more calculated. I'm thinking less on the fly, more out of my best interest. I've gotten weirder, less opinionated and more interesting. Getting to know me more, has helped me make better decisions.

Life kinda forced me on the bench at a time when I thought I was a star player. On paper, everything has seemed to be aligned. The house, the job, the love life and the social scene has runeth over in the past couple years. But all of those things have been out of wack. And learning balance is a hard lesson, yo.

Another summer has come and gone. It has been less eventful and more relaxed. I look forward to more than fall clothes in the upcoming months. I've got lots of projects in the works that are sure to test my self-proclaimed growth.

1 comment:

E. Christian Wallace said...

Getting older I guess. There's bound to be another wave of everything though, and you'll have to adjust again.