Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Forever, Ever??

The rose he bought me on Valentine's Day (13 days ago) that is thriving in one of my old Moscato bottles. Lush.

The most hard to believe aspect about being in a serious and committed relationship is the fact that I've actually met someone who wants to be serious and committed to me. Me? Are you sure brotha?

Not that I'm not worth it. I'm a sharp and smart woman with a lot going for her. I have independance, but not so much I want to take a man's place. And I'm not going to trip out on you every other second. I don't mind you scoping other women's booties. I'm looking too.

But I have very little experience with being open and honest. The men I've dated didn't like being questioned, and loved that I never asked. My quiet tirades and silent treatments were heaven to them. If only every girl could be so passive and willing to distance herself!

But not this guy, who wants to do the always and forever thing with me. He wants my voice. He wants my opinions and my anger. He wants to collect my tears as they fall. He wants my emotions raw from the source. My uneasiness comes from never having done this before. I'm not against sharing and openness. I'm a virgin at it.

Sometimes his transperancy is unexpected and startling. At first, I didn't want it. And at first it kind of hurt. But then I had one of those light bulb moments that Oprah is always talking about. This is just the kid of interaction to bring me out of my shell.

Though it's tough, I know the blossoming of this new communication will be beautiful. And working at this forever thing is different, considering I've never had monogamy. I've learned by not pressuring him into anything serious, he decided he wanted to do something serious. On his own. I'm fascinated by this reaction.

This thing he and I are doing...being in love...has to be heaven sent. Because I really couldn't imagine any other man trying to do this forever thing with me.

Song For Today: Heaven Sent by Donnie

No comments: