Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sad Girl Poem

Kind of Blue

Was this the kind of fight that had
Missiles soaring through the skies
Buildings constructed with the toughest wood and sturdiest beams
Annihilated in seconds
Was it the kind of circumstance circumnavigating
A bigger truth of regret and internal sorrow
A kind of love that burns out tomorrow
It's imperative right now
Because right now I can faintly finish a thought
You are the end to all sentences
Preludes to my periods, my exclamations and my questions
I can't categorize us, what genre was that deception?
What theme is our passion
What adjectives do I use to tell the full length feature
With its highs and lows
With this pen in my hand
Will anybody ever understand the love
We specially brewed out of whatever exotic fruit
We produced
It's inconvenient for us not to be together
It's artificial to act out days where your presence is not viewed even once
And how do I explain after only mere hours and huge transgressions
How do I explain that being with you is a need
That superceeds any pain you may have cause
I need an all encompassing law
That details this kind of blue that
Colors my fingernails
Soaking the page with every letter I write
I need a number that counts
Tears released at your meanness and tears held back
At the lack of your embrace
Because memories are cruel in their reminders of what we were
I need your presence presently
Our moments creating instead of created
The last ones curved the medium of who we really are

No comments: