Monday, June 2, 2008

Advice Is Like Assholes...

Luckily, I went to school for communications. So I know how to mirror people in conversations. Which is what people always want. To be mirrored and validated. Even when hysterical.

I have rules with dealing with women. Because women are dramatic, irrational and not as serious about most of the things they threaten. Women are more forgiving and way more empathetic than men. So when dealing with a woman and her drama, you have to take everything she says with a side eye.

Not because women are liars, or that women are pussies. They are just different. A woman will explore all the depths of an emotion, during an emotional experience. Just to go there, not to follow through the next day.

So when I deal with women, I listen. I offer neutral solutions when questioned. But I don't take sides.

Women are protective of other women. Some women even like to see other women be alone, or in strife. Women don't like to see other women make mistakes.

But advice from women, is very shotty, to say the least. Because of all the factors I mentioned above. Not to say that women won't insist on adding their two cents to a situation. Not to say that they are wrong or I am stubborn. That may all be true. But I'm not taking it. I just understand how women are...but I understand what kind of woman I am. And I don't need to bring any other energy into my dilemmas and life questions. Between me and God, we are straight on handing it.

Everyone judges. Everyone offers advice. No one ever wants advice. Maybe it's an ego thing. No one ever follows their own advice. Those who often take advice often end up in mazes of their own misunderstandings. Sometimes you have to trust yourself into the darkest tunnels. Not because you are stupid or brazen...but because you are you. And sometimes you are moved to do crazy things. Like sell all of your stuff and move to L.A. Or quit your job. Or stay in a relationship with a jerk. Who knows where your instincts will get you in life? Who knows what is at the end of your mistakes? Who wants to lead a life based on the opinions of others? Nobody does.

No comments: