Thursday, July 10, 2008

Birthday Fiasco

I will be 27 in 10 days, and there will be no birthday fiasco, thank God. I plan on hanging out one night with friends, doing something relaxing and going to church.

I feel like a woman, for the first time. I am happy for developing my own personal style and wisdom. I am happy with my decisions in the face of adversity. I know who I am. I know why I am the way I am, and I am on schedule to correct the things needed to be changed.
I am glad my boyfriend showed up in my life when he did. A day earlier or later would have altered our relationship. I see my peers, out in the clubs, perusing over the hungry men and floating between lovers. I'm glad it's no longer me!
I'm glad that I am my weird, quirky self. I'm done trying to fit into a box that just doesn't fit anymore. I love life. I live strife. I love hard and I love tomorrow.
I have a short list of birthday wants, if I get them I'll be pleased. If I don't I'll get them soon.

1. A Braided Bun.
This look that Jessica Simpson is rocking is all the way fierce. In my search for a protective summer style, this is what I'm going to roll with. Nothing like a big ol fat bun, paired with some dope earrings and stunning eye makeup.

2. Smell Goods
I've been without a sexy scent for a while, so it's time to re-up. I wouldn't mind my signature scents CoCo Chanel Mademoiselle and DKNY Be Delicious. I am also loving this line of smell goods I discovered called Pacifica Soaps (http://www.pacificasoaps.com/) with earthy beautiful scents and natural products.


3. Fondue
Beacause I love sauces and dips, and I think it's sexy.

4. New music
You can pretty much get me new music for any occasion and it would be fitting. I've been checking out the latest albums by Peter Hadar (www.myspace.com/peterhadar), who so happends to be a friend of my beau. He is a lot more old school R&B as he seems, and relishes in his eclecticness, which is dope. He is also an industry head, so he knows all of your favorite artists personally. Sy Smith, whose resume reads like a dream, has a new gem with a mix of soulful house gems, and a stellar set of pipes.

The Macy's Music Festival in Cincinnati features many of my favorite artists, and is being held the week after my birthday. Earth, Wind & Fire, Jill Scott, Raheem Devaughn and Chrisette Michelle (would gladly see them again), all just a few on the lineup.

All that and just time to chill and be greatful would make my birthday a wonderful day.

No comments: