Monday, October 20, 2008

sometimey

it's been a week out of work. and i'm waiting for clarity. i want to shed all these constraints and stresses over my life. and live in this moment of privilege. this moment of youth.

i feel restricted right now. i have huge commitments. my house. my man. my hype. i don't know what i want to take with me on this big journey. i don't know what the journey is.

i can't loosen up as much as i want to. with the shedding of one issue (working full time), begets several more. commitments definately aren't what they are cracked up to be. i guess they are the boy scout badges of adulthood in america. accumulating strings ha bind one to jobs and familes equal maturity. the more jobs, the more cars, the more kids and husbands one accrues, the more active of a citizen they are.

me. i am sometimey. i like the idea of a lot of things. i like to imagine simplicity, complexity. but i'm not sure if i want to partake. i don't want to have to be pro or against anything right now. i just want to soak up and experience. how much does that job pay?

No comments: